Tuesday, March 30, 2010

News and notes

* Brian Nelson from Black Tambourine does what I used to do, apparently, but he works in a big city and not the sticks so he probably makes more than $9 per hour. You can stream the band's new expanded compilation with demos and a couple of new tracks and enter to win a copy on vinyl here.

* Just when you all thought I was going to talk about other bands for a spell, Katy from Vivian Girls decides to unleash on the internet a song from the All Saints Day project she is working on with Cat Power's Gregg Foreman.

* I'm still waiting for The WOLF to have everything in place to run my radio show. Meanwhile, I have finished a second episode that will feature the witty observation that Neon Christ is to the new Alice in Chains lead singer what Vatican Commandos is to Moby.

* Speaking of radio, don't forget to listen to Knife, Michelle, and Parking Lot Paul today from 3-5 p.m.

No comments: